Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Year of the Journal

0031

I have deemed this year the year of the journal!  Sounds like a great plan, doesn’t it?  Well I had the idea just yesterday and it sounded like a great idea to keep track of the  goals and wishes I had for this upcoming year.  I used to keep a journal, but I thought I grew out of it.  Then I thought I didn’t know what I was to write about in one.  Now that I am older, with slight bit (an extremely slight bit) more wisdom, I realize it can be about whatever I would like it to be.  I am struggling in so many areas of my life that I really would like to improve upon this year.  I normally make resolutions that I know for sure I can keep, or at least half of them, but this year I want to make a change and I want to go bold.  I am making resolutions for myself of inner change that can help grow outer change.  Learn to love myself.  Grow a deeper connection to God (Yes I am Christian but I hardly consider myself pushy about the subject).  Quite simply I want, as well as need, to be the person that I want my Elizabeth to be.  She will be molded by what I do, not what I say.

So it was in this great soul-searching need that just under a week ago I went into a Christian bookstore to look for a devotional.  I do not frequent these places often and have never done a devotional before, but something pulled me to the cover of the book (not the one above).  I admit that great advertising can truly work on me, but I believe that I needed this book to make me slow down and take some time on myself.  It all just kind of “fell into place.”  I am only four days into the devotional, and it’s already hitting some nails on the head for me.  I felt the urge of newness and change yesterday.  I went to the closest store that I knew I could find a journal and brought him and have it seated right next to this computer, where it is begging me to open it to start this new year fresh.  This year I will journal and keep track of all of my highs and lows in this book above.  I will make this year rock, even amongst any hardships that are bound to happen.  I am, for once, so excited for this new year!  So to all,

                                                                                  Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment