Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Year’s Day Walk

My mom asked if we were going to do the luminary walk.  I quickly responded with something along the lines of I don’t have a clue what you are talking about mom.  So I did a little research and found that Chain O’Lakes State Park in Albion, Indiana was hosting a Luminary Walk.  This would be a part of an initiative called First Day Hikes across the country.  Thankfully the state park closest to me was participating in this awesome event.  Our naturalist was very pregnant and knew it would be hard to get people out of their beds in the morning so she put together a casual half mile walk (which we did twice) for the evening.  This then turned into a luminary walk and it was beautiful!!  It was a great way to start the new year!

009w1

005w1  010w1

020w2

No comments:

Post a Comment