Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Little Roadtrips

 

1a059   1a058

1a087

1a065  1a071

1a079

1a077

1a095  1a098

094

I am a major fan of roadtrips.  Especially short ones that yield big results.  A week and a half ago I told my husband that I needed a roadtrip.  Didn’t really matter where but I needed a short trip to still my restless soul.  Casually Frankenmuth, Michigan came up.  He had never been and it had been well over twelve years since I had gone.  So this past Saturday morning we loaded up the car, grabbed my mom (who is a tremendous help in keeping E happy wherever we may go) and headed north on that three and half hour drive.  We stopped at Bronners to check out the world’s largest Christmas store.  I am a Christmas nut.  I love the season, especially the music. This place is indescribable.  Any type of ornament you have dreamed of is there.  After a “quick” stroll through the store we headed into downtown.  This place is known as Michigan’s little Bavaria.  It is slightly touristy, but in the best possible way.  This was a perfect trip (except for the parking-but that’s a whole other story) and made my weekend.  Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment