Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 5

Day 5: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends. What makes them great? Why do you love them? If you don't have blogger friends, talk about a real-life friend or even a family member

74723_555145317834423_1444672207_n me on the left, Samantha on the right'

I do not have any blogger friends.  No one really reads this here blog.  So I decided to talk a little (a very little) about a dear friend of mine of who passed away this past Halloween. 

I have known this girl since first grade.  We were in Brownies together, her mom baby-sat me, we had classes all the way through high school together.  For a few years in our lives we were best friends.  As childhood friends do we went our separate ways.  Although in such a small town, our separate ways weren’t that really separate.  Just different.  When I left high school I wanted to leave high school behind and move on with my life because isn’t that what you are supposed to do?  Well five years later I joined facebook and quickly realized how much I missed some of my high school and childhood friends.  Sam had married her childhood sweetheart, a Marine, and started a beautiful family.  Sadly her younger brother passed away right before his senior year.  That event shook that family like no other.  That event shook our teeny tiny town.  This past October we were all anxiously awaiting the news that her new baby was here.  Last minute I knit some booties, for who we thought was going to be another little girl, and sent them down to her.  Unknown to me, she was beside herself telling her closest loved ones how she didn’t want to get excited but thought I was sending her something I had knit.  Quickly on facebook the day before Halloween her mom posted that they had welcomed a little baby boy!  How exciting this was because he was supposed to be a girl.  I sent her a message saying sorry that the booties were very feminine, but I had no idea.   Unfortunately (that word is the biggest understatement) the next day she passed away due to an air embolism that basically exploded in her heart.  She left behind a beautiful four year old girl and a one day old. 

This event has shocked our group of friends.  It is something I think about every day.  Something that is bringing me to tears as I type.  I miss her ranting on facebook.  I miss her enthusiasm for everyone, even those who have done her wrong.  I just plain miss her and I know it is nothing compared to what her family is going through.  So dear Sammy Sue, we miss you. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment