Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pride & Prejudice

 

pride-and-prejudice-2-  pride%20and%20prejudice  pride-and-prejudice_l photos via here here here

Pride & Prejudice, was once just one of my favorite movies and now one of my favorite books.  This first installment of one of my new year’s resolutions is finished three-fourths of a month early with the second installment already finished.  Thank goodness too! Pride & Prejudice was just so darn good I can’t wait to get into another Austen book!  It was very slow going for me at the beginning.  Hard to wrap my brain around a different era of English we no longer hear and hard for me to understand.  Somewhere just over half way and under two-thirds, the book started to liven up for me and was easy to get through.  I loved it and can fully understand why it is a cult classic.  I am not great at giving book reviews so I will end it shortly.  I leave on this note: If you haven’t read Pride & Prejudice, please do.  If so, which Austen book should I read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment